MW3 Content Collection Is Released On Xbox Live
Delivering On The “Not Just Maps Anymore” Promise Made Last September At Call Of Duty®XP, Content Collection #1 Offers Two New White-Knuckle Special Ops Missions In Addition To Four New, High-Octane Multiplayer Maps
Massive DLC Release Featuring Six Pieces Of Playable Content Delivers Great Value To Gamers With Most Content Ever For Call Of Duty
London, UK – 20th March, 2012 – The new Special Ops Missions “Black Ice” and “Negotiator” were hailed as “exhilarating” and “standout” when they were exclusively released to Call of Duty® Elite Premium members earlier this month. They are now available to all Call of Duty ® fans on Xbox LIVE® as part of the biggest and deepest content offering in Call of Duty’s history with today’s release of Modern Warfare® 3 Collection Content #1. The latest collection features the two new epic Special Ops missions as well as four new, adrenaline-fuelled multiplayer maps, including “Black Box,” which has already been heralded in the media as “ingenious” and “awesome.”
Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today the availability of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #1, the largest and most eagerly anticipated DLC release in franchise history. Fans of the world’s most popular FPS were promised a wider variety of content at last autumn’s inaugural Call of Duty®XP fan celebration, and Content Collection #1 delivers. For the first time ever, two intense Special Ops missions, “Black Ice” and “Negotiator,” are riding shotgun alongside four new multiplayer maps—Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch and Black Box. Collection #1 is available first on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 1,200 Microsoft Points. The collection is open to all; a premiumCall of Duty® Elite membership is not required. The DLC pack will be rolled out to other platforms at a later date.
“Call of Duty® MW3 Content Collection #1 is the biggest DLC pack ever for Call of Duty,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “We’re serious about delivering the best value to our fans and just as we promised last year, it’s not just maps anymore. With six pieces of playable content, that’s more content and bigger variety than we’ve ever been able to include before in aCall of Duty DLC for the same price.”
Content Collection #1 sets the bar for variety, value and fan-service in the FPS DLC marketplace, featuring six fully-fledged Call of Duty experiences. The full loadout includes:
· Black Ice: This Special Ops mission plunges combatants deep into a frozen diamond mine via a snowmobile in order to infiltrate a secret weapons plant and initiate the self-destruct sequence to take the facility offline for good.
· Negotiator: India is the backdrop for a Special Ops hostage extraction, where gamers must execute flawless breach-and-clears and negotiate a maze of surface streets to ensure the safety of rescued civilians.
· Liberation: Players take up positions in a militarised Central Park in the heart of NYC, a sprawling deathscape ripe for long-range sniper and LMG kills.
· Piazza: An idyllic seaside village, an Italian getaway gone rogue, where blind corners and a complex warren of branching pathways pose danger at every turn.
· Overwatch: A compact, sky-high battle arena set in a construction site atop a New York City office tower.
· Black Box: Players seek tactical advantage in multi-level hillside homes overlooking a downed Air Force One, as a luxe SoCal neighborhood turns into a warzone.
Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #1 is published by Activision and co-developed by Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is PEGI rated 18. For more information on the Call of Duty: MW3 content drops, season of content, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty Elite visit www.callofduty.com/mw3 and www.callofduty.com/elite.