It seems that next month will now be collectively known as “Shears & Pistons Month”, so if you’ve been trying to achieve a subtle topiary look for a while, then this update will be a godsend. Below is a full list of the projected updates, as well as one addition highly sought after by the community;
- The addition of pistons, which move stacks of blocks
- Fixed clay generation AGAIN (it seems clay just doesn’t want to be found).
- Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT (no more accidental punches).
- Fences can be stacked (there is already a way of achieving staked poles, but this will make it easier).
- Added Shears to collect leaf blocks and wool from sheep.
- Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks, which can be used in the same way as any other tool.
- Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them, stopping accidental deaths
- Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
On top of all these, it seems 4J are planning to introduce DLC Character Skins at a near point in the future. Who else is hoping for a Joker skin?