Since THQ is out and 2K is in for the WWE franchise, changes were made for different aspects of the game in the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game according to 2K.com. Most of the tweaks are related to the game’s mechanic to improve it. Here’s a rundown of what will be new or altered:
- The movement of the wrestlers will be faster to make it look more like what we see on TV. Walking, running and dragging animations were redone to have a more realistic feel of the game when Superstars move in the ring. For the running animation, a “start-up” animation has been added to make it hard to just “run and attack” all the time.
- Expect strike attacks to be faster and more difficult to counter . Also, successfully landing a strike combo will make the opponent enter a groggy state.
- If you reverse a grapple, you will be able to do a move of your own automatically and you won’t have the same amount of endless reversal after reversal that people didn’t like in the previous game.
- Dramatic near falls that we all love to see will also be in the game
- Now, catching finishers can be done on the offensive by doing an Iris whip with a finisher stored or by catapulting the opponent up when they run in your direction. Some finishers can give you the ability to launch the adversary in the air before doing your finisher.
- A new feature has been added which is called the OMG moments. Those are useful for multi-man matches since they give you the possibility to make one move and hit 2 wrestlers. It’s like hitting 2 birds with one stone! For example, you will be able to do OMG moves such as Double Chokeslam, Double Attitude Adjustment, DDT on the apron and more. These moves should deal extra damage to give you the upper-hand in the battle.
As you can see, a lot of stuff will be different in this game. WWE 2K14 will be in stores on october 29.