13083 views 93 comments

Dead Island – Mod & Weapons location guide

by on September 11, 2011

Updating…. (Last updated 23/03/2012)

Recently released Dead Island is the extremely popular title from Techland. Survival is key in this game; where your whole object is to stay alive on a zombie-infested open world island. The map and challenges that Dead Island offers also means that an incredible amount of weapons and mods are available to you to keep up satisfactory weapons for differing situations throughout the game. However, finding all these weapons is a major problem for all those who are new to the game (all of us as it was only released on September 6th). One problem you may face is locating them all. But here is our guide to where you’ll find the weapons and mods around the island. So when your spending hours here’s a little and provided by MyXboxLive. You can even use it as a check list; remember this is still a work in progress – even we haven’t found them all yet so keep checking back, we’ll be sure to update.

List of Weapon Types:

• Gray Color Weapons -  Common
  • Green Color Weapons -  Uncommon
  • Blue Color Weapons – Rare
  • Purple Color Weapons – Epic
  • Orange Color Weapons – Legendary

Clubs

• Baseball Bat – Complete “A Piece Of Cake” or “Make Yourself At Home” Mission Location: Resort
  • Police Baton – Complete “Imprisoned For Life” Side Mission: Location: Police Station
  • Big Baseball Bat -
  • Metal Baseball Bat – Found and Bought after reaching Level 25; various places around Island.
  • Stick -

• Sledgehammer
  • Construction Hammer
  • Maul – Complete “Sacred Silence” Main Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Ban
  • M.C.
  • Pick of Destiny
  • Gabriel’s Sledgehammer – Complete “Bury The Dead” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby

Blade

• Sickle – Complete “Life In The Bag” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Wicked Sickle – Complete “Six Feet Under” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Machete – Various locations – Banoi
  • Military Machete – Complete “Night Hawk” Side Mission Location: Resort, When you reach the Jungle
  • Homemade Machete – Complete “Family Matters” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Bolo Machete – Complete “Faith Will Move Mountains” Main Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Hatchet – Complere “Blood In The Tropics” Side Mission Location: Jungle
  • Axe -
  • Big Splitting Axe – Complete “Radio Ga Ga” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Homemade Cleaver – Complete “Exodus” Main Mission Location: Resort
  • Two-Handed Axe
  • Wakizashi – Complete “Message of Love” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Katana – Side mission in the Jungle; given by Connor as reward. Randomly dropped by zombies in Jungle and some merchants (when at higher level) may sell the Katana.
  • Double Blade – Complete “Bloody Valentine Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Homemade Double Blade – Complete “Bloody Valentine” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Battle Double Blade – Complete “Danse Macabre” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Reaper – Complete “Man Of Faith” Main Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Tanto – Various locations – Banoi.
  • Kukri – Complete “The Dead Don’t Eat Crackers” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Homemade Knife – Beach Bars, early in the game.
  • Knife – Beach Bars, early in the game.
  • Kitchen Knife
  • Wicked Knife
  • Military Knife
  • Diving Knife
  • Cane Knife
  • Sugar Cane Knife
  • Exotic Cane Knife
  • Slicer – Complete “My Precious” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Zed’s Demise – Complete “The Butcher of Banoi” – Legendary Weapon (Katana)
  • The Machete – Complete “Where Is My Pineapple?” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Master Chef - Legendary Weapon – Rare drop from Zombies and Chests
  • Viking of the South – Random drops only, in Banoi from enemies or metal chests.
  • Bushmaster – Legendary – Only from random drops.
  • Banisher - Legendary – Only from random drops.
  • Eviscerator – Obtained occasionally from ‘Light my Fire’ Quest. Normally from random drops.
  • Assassin’s Greed – Metal Chests – City of Moresby

Guns

• Pistol – Complete “The Second Head Of Cerberus” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Heavy Pistol – Complete “In Cold Blood” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Dangerous Pistol
  • Revolver – Complete “Omar Escort” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Magnum – Complete “Rotting Flesh” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • McCall’s 9mm
  • Auto Rifle – Complete “Chasing Shadows” Main Mission Location: Jungle or Police Station
  • Shotgun
  • Short Shotgun – Complete “Wet Job” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Crowd Pleaser

Bombs

• Meat Bait
  • Molotov – Complete “Ashes To Ashes” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Deo-Bomb

Weapon Mods

• Deo-Bomb – Complete “Tell Me Where It Hurts” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Deathstalker Mod – Complete “Subtance of Matter” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Molotov
  • Nuts & Bolts Mod – Complete “Toy Story” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Barbed Wire Mod
  • Detox Gun Mod – Complete “Insect Repellent” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Detox Shotgun Mod – Location: Bungalow 3 In Laboratory during “Where Is My Pineapple” Side Mission
  • Pistol Ammo
  • Torch Mod – Complete “Counsel of Despair” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Nail’d Mod – Complete “Passport To Life” Main Mission Location: Resort
  • Weighted Mod
  • Heavy Mod – Complete “Two Hearts” Side Mission Location: Resort
  • Shock Mod – Complete “Black Hawk Down” Main Mission Location: Resort
  • Toxic Mod
  • High Voltage Mod
  • Old Smoky Mod – Complete “Spy Game” Side Mission Location: Abandoned House in City of Moresby
  • Sticky Bomb Mod – Complete “Drowned Hope” Main Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Impact Mod – Complete “Last Chance On The Wall” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Striker Shotgun Mod – Complete “A Wounded Crank” Side Mission Location: Jungle
  • Shock Gun Mod
  • Shock Rifle Mod – Complete “Power Slaves” Side Mission Location: Laboratory
  • Shark Mod – Complete “Death Wish” Side Mission Location: Jungle
  • Short-Circuit Mod – Complete “Judgement Day” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Phoenix Mode
  • Paralyzing Strike Mod – Complete “Picture of Bliss” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Piranha Mod – Complete “The Third Head of Cerberus” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Pride Gun Mod – Complete “Matter of Justice” Side Mission Location: City of Moresby
  • Magic Wand Mod – Location: City Hall Part 2, In The Center of City Hall
  • Pride Shotgun Mod – Location: Police Station, In the security room.
  • Tesla Mod – Location: Laboratory Inside the Warehouse
  • Shock gun mod – Location Sewers (as you first go in). After you stop the water flow, go into the control room, before killing the enemy up there, normally either a thug or a suicider which comes out of the back room which the Mod is on the right in front of the workbench.
  • Venom Mod – Location: Sewers, in the City of Moresby; next to a workbench.
  • Shotgun Ammo Mod: Location – Police Station City of Moresby. Near Computer download station.
  •  Pheonix Mod: Location – On the table next to the boat that you first meet Mowen on. Going into the 2nd part of the jungle (Chapter 12).
comments

Leave a reply »

• Bryan
    September 11, 2011 at 11:31 pm

The Venom Mod is missing from the list, it can be found in the Sewers, in the City of Moresby next to a workbench.

• Flynn Taggart
    September 12, 2011 at 4:39 am

shock gun mod is in the sewers when you first start going in them, follow joseph in the sewer, when you stop the water flow, go upto the control room, kill what ever is upthere, normally either a thug or a suicider, that comes out of a backroom, its in that room on the right, before the workbench

• John
    September 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

Pheonix Mod is on a table next to the boat that you first meet Mowen at. Going into the 2nd part of the jungle (Chapter 12).

• John
    September 12, 2011 at 11:38 am

Shotgun Ammo Mod Police Station CIty of Moresby. Near Computer download station.

• Matthew
    September 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Look phams great guide and every ting but i need da master chef weapon

• anthony
    September 16, 2011 at 8:30 pm

everyone forgets lighting mod

• sam
    September 16, 2011 at 9:13 pm

can you please colour in (or something) the different colour weapons :) ta xx

• jack
    October 6, 2011 at 1:20 am

why the hell dosnt this site show were to get the zeds demise? all thought its pritty eseay to find it and were the hell is the viking of the south it sounds pritty cool

• N5Y
    October 30, 2011 at 2:14 am

Can someone please dupe me some legendary weapons? I have an Eviscerator.. GT: N5Y

• October 30, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I brought wepon and put the deathstalker mod on it and it dead more than 3000 damage no lie

• Icedietime46
    November 1, 2011 at 1:50 am

I will give a modded assault rifle for the Viking of the south must be lvl 50

• Icedietime46
    November 1, 2011 at 1:52 am

I will give a assault rifle for a lvl 50 Viking of the south gamertag is Icedietime46

• biosolider
    November 8, 2011 at 1:30 am

no lightning mod but its found by falling for a trap by a civilian who trys killing you with punks then gives you a quest to save his daughter

• sasquatcabbie aka billyb
    November 27, 2011 at 1:02 am

Has anyone found a melee weapon that is just your fist with more force and handling?

&melee_furyfist_m&

A egg left behind by the developers to honor bruce lee as the baddest man ever? Would his fist of fury be enough to destroy the zombies? and maybe next I’ll find the destructive roundhouse to honor chuck norris, lol.

• Feryfab
    December 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I found the &melee_furyfist_m& by killing a thug on fury mode… I just found out its a helluva weapon. id does an insane damage and also it does not use any stamina so.. its like a unlimited rage!!!!!!

• kyle
      June 14, 2012 at 5:01 pm

yeah i did that too basically your guy drops his brass knuckles from the fury if the the first zombie you kill with fury is the thug. But you have to use sam.

• Abyss
    December 7, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Pistol ammo is in the police station, in the first security room with a thug. Just before you get the shotgun ammo mod in the next enclosed room. Assault rifle ammo is also not listed, it is in a mission in the overpass camp (north or jungle map) and also there’s a plane mission at the overpass camp as well to get the pick of destiny

• Abyss
    December 7, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Hotrod mod is also not listed, def one of the most BA mods there is. And none of the developer crafts mods are listed, 1 2 3 4 and 666

• MonsterX21
    December 20, 2011 at 1:00 pm

• MonsterX21
    December 20, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I will trade someone two zed demise for a mc hammer message me on xbox 360 also a hack gun with a lot of ammo that I will give u

• December 20, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I will trade someone two zed demise for a m.c. hammer message me on xbox 360 also a hack gun with a lot of ammo that I will give u
    Gt Monsterx21

• December 20, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Gt Monsterx21.

• December 20, 2011 at 11:09 pm

i will trade some one two zed demises and a rifle that is hack for a Master Chef
    message me on xbox 360 gamer tag MonsterX21.

• December 31, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I found the Viking of the south in thug in the sewers

• December 31, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I found the Viking of the south in thug in the sewers.

• jacobe
    January 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm

if you message me on xbox i will give you a whole bucnh of modded weapons my for whatever i clone though so if you have a mic it would help the process
    GT: I Know You Add Me
    if you have a zeds demise it would help me alot

• traywezzy
    January 17, 2012 at 2:33 am

that is a hard game and me and my frans made it at techland

• CleaningCobra9
    January 24, 2012 at 10:18 pm

add me @ CleaningCobra9 and ill give u any modded gun if i have it but a copy well duplicate it tho i cant and also ill give a electro defender of the motherland duplicate if u can dupe me a ripper

• nightwalker919
      March 24, 2012 at 5:44 pm

i can help you out there been looking for mccalls 9mm add me to your friends list have mic so should make trade easy.

• Laine
    January 26, 2012 at 5:02 am

all weapons legendary military machete lvl 59, military knife lvl60, zeds demise lvl 60, wakizashi lvl 59, assassins greed knife lvl 60, master chef lvl 60, pick of destiny lvl 60, shotgun lvl 60, pistol lvl 60, magnum lvl 46, burst rifle lvl 28, auto rifle lvl 57, single shot rifle lvl 60, police baton lvl 60, had viking of the south lvl 50 but tossed it cuz it was hacked, wicked knife lvl 58, homerun lvl 58 and a lot more very strong weapons still need afrans sidearm mcalls 9mm defender of the mother land croud pleaser blunt speaker i also have a banisher lvl 36 and m.c. hamer lvl 42

• brandonmm3
    January 26, 2012 at 10:49 pm

where can i get the evocerator

• brandonmm3
    January 26, 2012 at 10:50 pm

where can i get the evocerator?

• Laine
    January 27, 2012 at 12:34 am

if u need good weapons send me a message iv got over 90 max lvl legendary weapons message LaineTournear1

• Laine
    January 28, 2012 at 4:50 am

i have a lvl 60 eviscreator if u need one message me im not a hacker/moder i dont use hacked weapons

• Laine
    January 28, 2012 at 5:27 am

Gamer Tag: LaineTournear1
    My friend has all the weapons i do and his gamer tag is: XxGoatstainxX so if im not on he may be.

• Laine
    January 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm

i just found a legendary reaper and big baseball bat yesterday reapers a 2hit kill weapon the big baseball bat is a 1 to 2hit kill weapon

• February 7, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Laine are u on ps3 or xbox360

• Laine
    February 8, 2012 at 10:04 pm

iv got 5 exotic brass knuckles the juggernaut gauntlets mods awsum

• Laine
    February 20, 2012 at 6:58 am

my gamer tag is lainetournear1 my systems an xbox360 i have well around 90 legendary max level weapons that i will give anyone who wants them but in return i want to know everything u have if u have something i want that i dont have i would like you to duplicate it for me i am lvl 60 my characters sam b i have ryder whites campain and the blood bath areana all but maybe 5 of my weapons are lvl 60 messege me if u want anything and i can only play on weekends.!

• Laine
    February 20, 2012 at 7:02 am

2/20/2012 i will post my entire invitory on 2/25/2012 my weapons have changed from the first post lvls all the ones that wer below lvl 60 or didnt have i now have and their lvl 60

• February 23, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I just change my name to imFOREVERfamous.

• Laine

defender of the motherland lvl 60
    magnum lvl 60
    mccalls 9mm lvl 60
    pistol lvl 60
    shock revolver lvl 1
    shotgun lvl 60

if u have any weapons i dont have message me all weapons above are legendary and i am looking for a lvl 60 revolver and any other legendary weapon u have i dont dont accept modded weapons i will accept modded weapon if its worth over $168504 with sam B

• matthewvaughn
    April 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm

does anyone have the exotic brass knuckles on ps3 if so befriend me matthewvaughn62

• LAINE
    April 10, 2012 at 5:40 am

sorry dude im on xbox 360 otherwise i would give you the exotic brass knuckles

• R3AL Somethin
    April 19, 2012 at 2:32 am

Laine add me my GT is R3AL Somethin.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:09 am

Does anyone have a ps3, I’m only level 32 I just beet the game with that Chinese sword and I would like any sharpe weapon that you don’t want below level 33!!

• LAINE
      May 3, 2012 at 9:46 pm

sure ill add you but dont ask me to play call of duty games i dont like them much im not very good at it k but ill give you alot of good weapons on dead island and some maps on halo reach if you have it.

• April 21, 2012 at 1:08 am

• jordon
    May 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm

can any 1 give me any legendary weapons plz on ps3

• Richard
    May 23, 2012 at 9:50 am

Hey Laine do you still have a bushmaster …I’m been looking for one for a long time…

• berzerkus
    May 31, 2012 at 10:33 pm

I wanna find the homerun bat for my saw disc mod. Anyone know where I can find it? I check every seller all the time and they never have good weapons and I always find shit weapons in the metal cases

• Durtee
    June 5, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Please i need help i just want any kind of infinite ammo modded gun PRETTY PLEASE

GT : DurteeStylz

had a hand gung that shocked the s@!t out of zombies was close to finishing game and some how lost it :)

• kyle
    June 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm

i can duplicate and i really helps. If you use it with a level 35 shock katan at upgrade 4, you epily kill everyone

• Nikki
    August 15, 2012 at 3:32 am

Your missing the assassins poison mod which is right off the beach in a bar in the ocean near the beginning bungalow.

• greg
    February 15, 2013 at 5:04 pm

there is also the knuckles that aren’t on the list, and speaking of which I am only thinking of this but we should all think of starting a petition to bring back the Exotic Brass Knuckles back to the game.

• Laine
    March 31, 2013 at 6:49 am

Hay everyone, haven’t been on in a while sorry about that if you’ve been messaging me. I will still help anyone who messages me.

And greg just thought I’d let you know I found another pair of exotic brass knuckles not legendary like the ones I use but still able to put juggernaut gauntlets mod on them so ya their back in the game.

If you want my help please don’t spam message me thanx).

And one other thing I didn’t post my new inventory because my person went corrupt had to load up my back up save which didn’t have the other legendary weapons I found so I’ve only got the weapons in the previous list.

• March 6, 2014 at 12:04 am

i will give someone an electro defender of the motherland(legendary)unlimited ammo and a explosive M72 also legendary unlimited bullets for exotic brass knuckles any lvl my gamertag for xbox is ShmichaelMIDGET

Leave a Response